Thursday, August 5, 2010

Started

Did I say starting was the hardest part. At the beginning of this year I didn't think it was going to happen at all, but I have persevered. I weighed in at 252Lbs on about 2 July, 3 Aug I am down to 235Lbs. So, yes I have started, and am going to try to be diligent in this blog. My goals have morphed and become a monster though. While I am losing weight and feeling great I have decided that I am going to train for a half Ironman Triathlon next year. It will start with my first race of this year on Sept 11. My next goal is a full Ironman in 3 years culminating with the Hawaii Ironman Triathlon in 7 years. I did my first race last year and the bug has sunk its teeth into me. These are achievable goals, but the road will be hard. I am committed to them. I know I am not alone in the fatroll world, but I know I can beat the bulk and achieve victory over obesity. The call is out there for those who would join me in going from a Fat Man to An Ironman.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, being I am your mom and have seen you take ahold of a goal, I am very confident you will see this through to the end. I also believe that you will be taking on new life habits and be an inspiration (like you have been in other areas to me)to others. I know God is helping you and has been your strength and He has given you the goal. I am super proud of you!!!!---mom

    ReplyDelete